Assist with the operation of a company storage facility. Duties include, but are not limited to, showing and renting units, quoting rents, completing rental agreements and related documents, collecting rent payments, preparing bank deposits, maintaining customer files and computer records, doing required security checks on a daily basis, and cleaning vacant units, the facility office and restrooms.
- Interact with existing and prospective tenants with enthusiasm and courtesy. Provide exceptional service to all individuals who call or visit the storage facility. Treat customers and co-workers with respect.
- Show units to prospective tenants and help them determine which size unit they need to rent. Quote rents for units shown.
- Complete without error all required paperwork including rental agreements, payment/access agreements, rules & regulations, and insurance paperwork.
- Sell moving and storage supplies, including but not limited to, locks, boxes, wrapping paper, tape, rope, furniture cover, and other supplies the company has on hand.
- Collect rent including cash, checks and credit card payments. Post payments in the computer as required by company procedure.
- Monitor security at the facility. Do facility security checks according to company policy before opening, throughout the day, and after closing to ensure that the company's property is secure and tenants' belongings are not tampered with. Monitor tenant access and activity throughout the day. Operate security systems according to individual facility requirements.
- Maintain a clean facility. Clean the facility office and the restrooms on a daily basis. Clean tenant units within 24 hours after they are vacated.
- Clean the golf cart at least once a week. Clean roll-up doors on a weekly basis.
- Track inquiry phone calls as required. Log calls and submit reports on a monthly basis.
- Do rate surveys of competitors as requested.
- Participate in local Chamber of Commerce activities. Market the storage facility through cold calling by phone and in person.
- Do marketing mailers.
Equipment, Machines & Tools Used:
- IBM-compatible PC and printer, postage meter, fax machine, desktop copier, cordless phone, shredder, credit card machine, and golf cart. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office and Excel software. Proficient in Storage Commander software.
- Moderate supervision acting under the direction of the Regional Manager and Storage Facility Manager. May also receive direction from the Training Coordinator.